寅丸 星 // toramaru SHOU (bishoujomonten) wrote,
寅丸 星 // toramaru SHOU
bishoujomonten

First Offering [backdated to the twelfth]

[1. Action - noon or so

A: Outside 917 Bilko Boulevard

Good morrow, Mayfield! Such a peaceful town, yes? But that peace is disrupted ever-so-slightly around noon, by a series of three loud crashes. Not long after, you'll see a certain upstart tiger youkai calmly exiting the house, carrying a thoroughly-aggrieved coat stand; where once there were four legs, now it has only one. It shan't be standing very well like that, shall it?

She's about to set off on her doubtless-impotentimportant journey... but, no, she's noticed the incomplete state of her task. Without a second's hesitation, she braces the stand against the ground, and gives the remaining leg a mighty stomp, snapping it off neatly. She looks rather pleased with herself, and sets off once more.


B. Around town

There's a woman walking down the street with stupid 80's glam rock hair and a great cudgel that used to be a humble coat stand. Every once in a while, she'll peer at a house number, or inspect a street sign, clearly having no idea what's going on. Bother her, if you lack the wisdom to be unsettled by this sight.]

[2. Action - late afternoon, outside 917 Bilko Boulevard



After being away from "home" for quite a spell, Shou has finally returned, albeit reluctantly. In the hopes of gathering her thoughts on the situation, and perhaps receiving some sign of how she should proceed, she's decided to meditate.

On the front lawn.

She's folded herself up in a kekkafuza position, not far from a particularly impudent-looking lawn gnome; if one approaches, quiet chanting can be heard, though it remains indistinct. Interrupt her, if you like... but not too quickly, since her extremely stupid bludgeon is still near at hand.
]

[ooc: fjajdaf let me know if i've approached this wrong. this seemed to be the manner in which things are done around these parts so--!]
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 54 comments
[ A huge armored figure walks by, looking at the young girl meditating on the lawn. His huge, craggy face bears a look of confusion. ]

Err, what are you doing, mamzel?
[The chanting stops, and, slowly, Shou opens her eyes. She cocks her head to the side, as if she doesn't really understand the question.]

...I was meditating.

[She stands up, and pats the grass off of her skirt; then, as in sudden realization, her eyes go wide, and she covers her mouth.]

Oh! I'm sorry; do people not usually meditate outdoors in this village?

It is a bit more comfortable indoors, I suppose, but...

[She shrugs; unless asked, she didn't figure he'd care about her reasons.]
No, they do not, typically.

[ He pauses, then asks. ] I take it you are new here?

Ah, my mistake.

[Yard was out, then. Next time: the roof.]

That's right. [...] Was it so obvious?
Yes. [ He nods, and looks to her. ] Have you been told about how dangerous this is?
Dangerous? [She scratches her head, and leans idly on her cudgel.] Not exactly, no. [She knew there was SOME trouble afoot, of course; why else would Sanguinius have put out the call as he did? But she hadn't really taken the time to consider the likely scale.]

lunawolves10th

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

lunawolves10th

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

lunawolves10th

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

lunawolves10th

6 years ago

...what in the world are you doing?
Ah-?

[Oh thank fuck finally someone talking to her. No idea who Remilia is, by the by, so excuse her for thinking you're actually a human child.]

Oh, hello there, miss.

[She waves with the hand not holding the makeshift cudgel.]

Sorry, I think I'm lost. Do you know where a building labeled 2236 is?

[...no, she doesn't realize that different streets have different number series. Why would she know something like that?]
[and remi has no idea who she is either]

No. It would be more helpful to know the street name.

And that still doesn't explain why you're carrying around that.

[She indicates the coat rack]
[gosh remi keep up with current events!!! also become a buddhist that is another thing you should do.

She cocks her head to the side, not understanding why it should be important.
]

Stevens... Road, I think?

[She taps the coat stand against the ground, and gives a blithe smile.]

Oh, I couldn't find my spear.

[Explains everything.]
[NOPE, TOO BUSY BEING A VAMPIRE FOR RELIGION]

Then you need to go that way.

[She points in what is vaguely the right direction]

Well, you look ridiculous. Do you really intend to fight someone with that?

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

redthenightless

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

redthenightless

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

redthenightless

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

redthenightless

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

redthenightless

6 years ago

Out on her daily walk, Dakki can't help but notice the woman with the... the... wait, what is she carrying? She actually stops in her tracks and stares meaningfully at the stand-cudgel. The woman carrying it has to come rather close before she realizes just what it is.]

Oh! Oh!

You altered a coat stand! That's an excellent idea! I wouldn't have thought of it. That looks like that would hurt, when used properly.
[Finally, someone appreciates her ingenuity---! She gives Dakki a bright smile, for that.]

Ah, you think?

I figured it wasn't wise to go out unarmed, but... there weren't any proper weapons around.

[Which obviously seems really weird to her!]
I do! And I don't blame you for wanting to go around with a weapon at the ready. I'm going to be carrying one around with me as soon as I can find something acceptable.

[A pause.] My family might miss the coat rack if I altered it. [Another pause.] I prefer swords, anyway. [More pausing! Getting a bit awkward!]

...My name is Dakki, by the way! Are you new to Mayfield? You seem new, to me.
[Juuuust letting her talk for a minute, and nodding.]

If you find an armourer, let me know; I'd definitely prefer a real weapon to this.

[She smiles, and inclines her head, in a perfunctory sort of bow.]

Mayfield... is that this town's name? If so, yes, I suppose I am.

[She brings her hand to her own chest.]

Shou. Nice to meet you, Dakki-san.
Oh, absolutely. I know there are places to get firearms, but I haven't heard of an actual armorer.

[Dakki gives an abbreviated bow, as well.]

It's a pleasure to meet you too, Shou. Has anyone explained this place to you, yet?
..."firearms"?

[She's pretty sure you just made that word up. Besides, why would anyone want to set their arms on fire?]

Ah... bits and pieces. It's a prison, right? Or something like it.

duck_duck_laser

6 years ago

[Cirno stares at Shou for a long moment, then sits down and tries to replicate her sitting position.

She can't do it.]


Hey, lady, how'd you get your feet like that?
[Shou opens her eyes after a moment, and watches Cirno's attempts. It's actually..... kind of adorable.....................

She gives the tiny (clever....?????????) fairy a warm smile.
]

Well, I'm pretty flexible.

Did you stretch first? If you're not used to doing it, you'll have to limber up.
So if I stretch first, I'll be able to sit like that too?

[She stands back up, fully intent on stretching.]
[Shou watches her, smiling encouragingly.]

It might not be that simple, but it'll help! If you still can't do it, I can try and help you get your legs in the right position.
Okay!

[Cirno begins with...stretching her arms.

She'll get to stretching her legs in a second, maybe if she stretches extra it'll be extra easy to sit like that...]


Why're you sittin' all funny, anyway?

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

frogsicles

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

frogsicles

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

frogsicles

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

frogsicles

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

frogsicles

6 years ago

bishoujomonten

6 years ago

[Well now. Clearly the day is just getting more and more interesting! It's been a long while since Kanata had people live with him and he was more than willing to learn more about the person since he had failed to do so before with the last two people... THIS time was going to be different!

And so the Demon Dog King made his way towards the tiger youkai, clearly not intending to hide or sneak up on her with his getas clacking on the concrete before treading on the grass. He swishes his tail in curiosity for a good moment and sniffs the air for a good moment. Despite her appearance, it seems she is all human for now! Probably thanks to this town rendering all of it's new arrivals like this.

Of course, before anything else, he notices the former coat stand-now-weapon close by and flicks up an ear in interest.]


Huh! I take it you're some sort of martial artist?
[Shou rushed out pretty much as soon as she woke up, and went to meditate on the lawn as soon as she got back, so she'd... not actually realized that there were other people living in the house, yet. Whoops.

She opens her eyes, and...

...youkai! First Sanguinius she thinks and Cirno she thinks, and now this fellow she thinks! Walking around in what seems to be a human settlement/prison/whatever the butt this place properly was, without being attacked or anything! Maybe this place wasn't so bad, after all... on that front, at least.

She gives him a warm sort of smile.
]

That's right; several sorts, actually. Though, who knows how "artful" one can be with something like this. [Remi's comment about her creation being stupid kind of stung, and now she's wondering if it's a particularly wise implement, after all.

Shou rises to her feet - not wanting to seem rude - and dusts herself off.
]

Can I help you with something?

[.......she says, not realizing he lives here. Once again: whoops.]
Oh, from what I've seen back in my home, anybody can be artful with anything! Even with an overly large sized skillet being used as a weapon!

[He wags his tail happily at this now. So far things are good in greetings wise, so time for him to at least introduce himself! With that, he extends his hand out to her and gives her a wide, cheerful smile.]

Actually, that should be my line! I'm the 'father' guy of this house or something like that according to this town, so I figured that I should at least greet you personally! The Demon Dog King, Kanata! Overlord of the Netheruniverse and lover of adventure-- nice to meet you!